My newly completed 135 pics

Well done Aaron. Clean joinery and lost of room to grow.

I think this is the essence of what makes this a great hobby. You've taken your time and added things as you go. You have lots of room to develop. Zoos sure look happy. You sure got plenty of lightings. What direction do you see your tank going?

My only thought is; will you need shady places amidst all the light that you have? Keep us up to date :D

Thanks widefx.
Zoe- I was worried about the lighting; as it turns out the two 400watt bulbs are suspended around 10" or so above the water. The tank has a center glass brace that shades the middle ever so slightly making it a great place for the LPS.
The direction this tank is heading will be a full mix as I venture into the SPS realm.
Thanks for the positive response.

Took some more pictures tonight that I thought I'd share. A couple new additions to the tank are live rock, a Sohal tang, two more peppermint shrimp (3 total), a long spined urchin, a spotted goby and the rest of my softies from the 55 gal.
52374tank_pics_106__3_.jpg

52374tank_pics_107__2_.jpg

52374tank_pics_108__2_.jpg

52374tank_pics_109.jpg

52374tank_pics_110__2_.jpg

i love those tangs. funny lookin things too w/those weird lips lol. I need to get a big tank just so i can get one of those.

I have wanted one for sooo long, and I finally got one. Yes, they do have a funny looking mouth. He loves to travel the 6' length of the tank all day long.

Zap- Thank you, the tower turned out better than I had hoped, the drain to the sump consists of two 1 1/4" lines, and the return to the tank is a 1" line from an Iwaki 40rlxt. The tank also has a CL running off an Iwaki 30rlxt.

Gillies- thanks alot, I really appreciate the compliment... now if I can just get my calcium and alk parameters within specs (which includes some more instruction on your part :beer: ) I'll be set.

Back