My PetCo ex-QT Radiant

ostrow

It's Dr. Goodluck Himself
People who read the other QT thread have been emailing me about the fish. Still unseen. Day 10. I told my son today no need to keep looking for it.

That guy really did not like being moved from QT to display I guess.

SaraB

Coral Killer
That's a bummer as I know you were really looking for that fish for your tank. The price was right, so maybe try again!

prugs

Moving Out
I may have said this before. But my yellow 2 spot wrasse went missing for almost 2 months. Then one day wala, fat & happy, like nothing ever happened.
But I see you have a sixline wrasse also. :(

ostrow

Sixline and radiant are completely compatible. That's not a problem I don't think, prugs.

Yeah, Sara, I really want one. And now I'm up against my firm 3-strikes policy. I have one more chance to keep one. But I'm not going the PetCo route again. I need to find one that I'll be comfortable skipping QT with. Not sure how that's going to happen...

gotfish8

I bet he is still there. My petco radiant went missing for about a month. It is doing great now

lovereefs1

OT Engineer
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9867728#post9867728 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by gotfish8
I bet he is still there. My petco radiant went missing for about a month. It is doing great now

I'd agree with hadfish8, I wouldn't write him off yet! :)

kimoy

my radiant is also missing for about 3 weeks now and i am still not giving up on it. i still believe that it's in the sand somewhere in my tanks.

dohc97

well ocean design has one that has been out of qt for at least a week now, so thats makes it about 3 weeks since he came in. I know the price is way higher than normal(the price i had pm'ed you before) but i would say that would be your best chance.

ostrow

Nobody could get a radiant for me. Tried for 3 months. Best lfs in the area told me to go to PetCo cuz he got 2 there.

Not likely ever to try this again.

Sullyman, very hard in my setup to do that, and even harder for the fish to get in there (I have plastic cutouts from a bin covering the openings -- mostly. Very hard for him to get in there and harder for me to check).

DeltecRules

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9871443#post9871443 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by ostrow
Nobody could get a radiant for me. Tried for 3 months. Best lfs in the area told me to go to PetCo cuz he got 2 there.

Not likely ever to try this again.

Sullyman, very hard in my setup to do that, and even harder for the fish to get in there (I have plastic cutouts from a bin covering the openings -- mostly. Very hard for him to get in there and harder for me to check).

I saw one at gofish in orland park also called the orland park reptile house, it was about 1 1/2 long and eating like a pig. I just bought a helfrichi firefish from them.

Scott

ostrow

I should have said, "Nobody I do business with." Orland Pk is a serious hike and I've heard mixed things about the shops there. I tend to be selective with my fish biz. I admit though I forgot to ask at ShoTank. Anyway, I'm not really expecting to see this fish again (meaning, the one I bought at PetCo).

And I'm not slamming PetCo -- though their fish come from Apet and that is another matter.

It's just that the specimen I got totally freaked out.

DeltecRules

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9871690#post9871690 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by ostrow
I should have said, "Nobody I do business with." Orland Pk is a serious hike and I've heard mixed things about the shops there. I tend to be selective with my fish biz. I admit though I forgot to ask at ShoTank. Anyway, I'm not really expecting to see this fish again (meaning, the one I bought at PetCo).

And I'm not slamming PetCo -- though their fish come from Apet and that is another matter.

Actually gofish and aquatica in tinley park are really good LFS. Capture the sea which is not to far from either of these places really sucks. Sorry you are having problems with the radiant. I was tempted to try one. But I think I have enough wrasses already...LOL

ostrow

My experience with Aquatics, and it was extensive, wildly differs from your evaluation of the place, but am glad it works for you!

sellout007

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9871690#post9871690 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by ostrow

Very selective, yet you buy a fish from Petco? o)

ostrow

Tend to be! And I QTed the fish for a month, feeding my medicated version of Rod food for the first 15 days, Rod food for the next 15 days. And only after an unsuccessful search of about 3 months.

I'd say, given my monti digis are going white with the nudis again, that was being fairly selective.