My Pico...

rock on man ... thanks on the filter thing .. u have a smokin tank there...
what kinda light does those waterproof lights throw off ! or is there diff. types to pick from ? hope ya feel better Man !

Late

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14716400#post14716400 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Bri Guy
Quite the zoo garden your getting there, looking good!

Thanks!! I really apreciate that... :)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14716528#post14716528 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Maxxlaval
rock on man ... thanks on the filter thing .. u have a smokin tank there...
what kinda light does those waterproof lights throw off ! or is there diff. types to pick from ? hope ya feel better Man !

Late

Definitely feelin' a lot better, thanks.

There's only one type of submersible light that InTank sells on their website. They have a pretty yellow-ish color them, overall. Seems to be a 5500K / 6500K color temp to them but I cannot say for certain. I do know my chaeto has grown leaps and bounds since I first put them in my 'fuge. :)

Did a lot of work on my pico today. Took two frags off their plugs and epoxied them into these little crevices I spotted on the live rock in my tank. They fit perfectly in these little nooks so I use some epoxy and shoved them in. The polyps are a little small but otherwise, very healthy so I hope they expand. I get a little scared though because then I feel as though it's written in stone, so to speak. And with just a 3-gal. tank... I really need to be conscientious about where I add my frags. Live rock is prime real estate when you're talking about just three gallons of water. I don't have the luxury of just tossing in my corals all willy-nilly. haha.

Did my tank maintenance earlier this morning. Changed 0.5 gallons of water. cleaned the glass. turkey baster on live rock. cleaned my AC70 filter and refugium. And made everyone in the tank really grouchy in the process. I did some rearranging and finally got things where I want them, I think.

Keep your shorts on... here's the photos.

* big polyps in my pico tank make it look a jillion times cooler. you'll notice my margarita snail just has to be the center of attention for everything! *grr! *
001-20.jpg

* see? ...i told you. *
006-8.jpg

* me likey. me likey a lot *
002-12.jpg

* these zoas are gettin' their swagger on *
003-10.jpg

* just acclimated and added this mushroom today. it's still grumpy. I think I've finally got it where I want it for now. next to the super duper green minty fresh zoas, this mushroom is the brightest frag in my tank under the picotope lighting. my girlfriend, Chrissy, loves the color of it. she wanted to stay home and look at the tank all day long. but she had to go to work right after I brought home this mushroom. she was less than pleased. *
015-2.jpg

* acclimated and added these zoas today, too. they're also really grumpy. I keep telling them that I love them. But they won't open. So I sent them to their room with no supper. "You will open tomorrow, Mister, and you will LIKE it!"
013-1.jpg

* FTS - taken earlier this morning prior to adding the frags I received today. * :)

Thanks again, you guys!
004-13.jpg

Thanks for posting the photos Scott! I haven't had a chance to look over this post before, but as everyone else said - your tank looks great! I really like the idea of collecting all those different zoas... very very cool.
Can't wait to see an updated photo of the whole tank once the corals open up :)

Thanks a lot, you guys!!

I really appreciate it. :) Tank looks a lot happier this morning. Everyone is slowly starting to open up. I'll take a few more pics later today once everyone gets more adjusted as the lights come on.

* updated pics - APRIL 5, 2009 *

* updated pics - APRIL 5, 2009 *

001-21.jpg

002-13.jpg

003-11.jpg

004-14.jpg

005-7.jpg

006-9.jpg

007-8.jpg

Looking good, lol, good enough to get me thinking again. Now there's trouble...........

After I get the new main tank in the basement, I just might have to do a nano. The wife is now bugging me about an upstairs tank since I will be pulling the 125 one out.

My one and only fishy!!

My one and only fishy!!

** UPDATE!! **

I split the shipping with Hella when he placed an order with LiveAquaria so I could order my one and only fish. I've been really picky since it is going to be the only fish in my pico tank. After searching many of the LFS' here in the Fox Valley... and even placing a special order with Aquarium Pets in Oshkosh that didn't pan out to anything... I found one of the fish that I wanted on Live Aquaria's website.

I was willing to take one of three different kinds of Damselfish... and they ended up having one of the three on their website.

Ended up getting a Blue Sapphire Damselfish... a.k.a. Springer's Damsel... (Chrysiptera springeri)

He has SO much personality, it's crazy. He's already got some spunk to him and an attitude to boot! He's out in the open a lot more and I can already say that my pod population has diminished severely. :D His coloring his simply beautiful... bright royal blue with a hint of purple and tiny black splotches of paint scattered around his head, dorsal fin and "upper" body. He's probably an inch long... maybe 1.25" if I pulled on him from end to end. :rollface: I probably snapped 20+ photos of him after I did my water change and tank maintenance earlier this morning... and this was the best one that came out. Between him darting in and out of the reef, it was difficult to get a clear shot of him.

So, without further adieu... here's the little guy:

013-2.jpg

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14804073#post14804073 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Hella
Woot for fish!

Thanks again for letting me hop on that order with you, Rob! I really appreciate that...

See you this afternoon!! :D

p.s. Pay no attention to the angry zoas in the background in that photo. I just did my tank maintenance and water change and everyone in the tank was a little grumpy. :(

Thanks, everyone!! ;)

The little one is doing well... he's really happy and doesn't seem to be quite as skittish anymore. He darts in and out of the reef like he owns the joint. And in some way, I guess he really does. ;)

My zoa garden is getting out of control. EEK!

Back