My Pile Of Rocks

CLeadfootS

Coral Addict
I don't know.... Trying to come up with a nice aquascape and I want to get it just right. I know it's personal taste but what does everybody think? Have any suggestions?

20130316_180035.jpg

If your tank is still cycling I would take the time now and aqua scape the way you really want it. Pick up some branch rock, base rock, chisel and two part epoxy. Have fun. I made a large piece that was really boring into a sweet 3 sided cave with a hammer and old craftsman. Mock it up outside then bond them or not. Just use the time you have now. You won't regret it.

Yep. Thats what I'm doing. I kinda liked this aquascape. Lot's of caves and open space. It's really different then my 150 gallon. The 150 was just a pile of rocks and I didn't like it much. I like this one a lot better.

I guess I was just looking for a final approval from everybody. I kinda like it. I know thats all that matters. Now that I added sand and all I'm kinda stuck with it.:lol2:

oooh... nice black sand. I was really close to using black sand in my tank just to be different. I think the rock work looks good. There's plenty of room in the front. Once the corals grow in, the tank is going to look great.

Thanks Jonathan. I love the black sand. I have a black background and black sand so I'm hoping all the colors of the corals will stand out and pop. I changed the left side a little bit more so I will have to get a new picture when I get home.

Ok here is my updated photos.

20130318_192748.jpg

Up close new left side

20130318_192805.jpg

I will probably still move a rock or two around but I'm liking it more and more.

Hey Kevin! How's everything going? Ya, I decided to downsize. It's a 70 gallon rimless tank (48X18x21). I have 2 Kessil A350 led lights, Apex lite controller, Vertex skimmer with bubble blaster pump, 2 koralia 1050's (upgrading to two mp40wes beginning of next month). I have some pictures on my cell phone I can post. Not much really for a fts yet because the tank is cycling now. Let me see what I got.

Wow... clean setup!

You would know! You both have very clean setups! My dude IrieJP has mad skills at keeping things clean too.

Casey, everything is good. Tank has recovered and is rebounding. I've got the itch again to either bring my setup back to Glory or to start a new build (Wife approval pending), but all is well. I love the rimless look. Keep up the good work.

Back