My Pink Tail Trigger is gone

turtleman9100

This is what I found when I got home from work today:

pinktailtrigger.jpg

Do I leave him in there or try to remove him? Will my levels spike after this?

I don't think you could remove him, might hurt the carpet. I'd just let nature take its course. Sorry about the trigger :( Might want to think about getting rid of the carpet, do you have clowns to host in it?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14824273#post14824273 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by casademurphy
Damn! Was he weak or sick to begin with?

Nope. He was very healthy and would eat like a pig.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14824276#post14824276 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by DamnPepShrimp
I don't think you could remove him, might hurt the carpet. I'd just let nature take its course. Sorry about the trigger :( Might want to think about getting rid of the carpet, do you have clowns to host in it?
I just listed the carpet and hosting clarkii clown on the local forum. I have a 300 gallon cube mixed reef that the clown kept most of my corals and live rock covered in sand so I moved them to my 300 gallon FO and this is what happened. I am just kinda fed up with them both.

Wow. I knew that carpets have a good sting, but I had no idea they could snag a healthy trigger. Sorry to see that.

That pink tail looks pretty thin to begin with......at least from the pictures.

I have had my carpet for 3 years and only got a sick/dying puffer.

That is a sweet looking carpet btw.

Here is what I saw of my mappa:

map-eaten.jpg

After the regurgitation:

10-1-1.jpg

Yes carpets are very aggressive. It's happened to me before also. If you've ever touched a carpet with your fingers, you know how sticky it is.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14826388#post14826388 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by LukFox
At least you know you have a healthy carpet... Sorry for the loss.

Glass is half full, I like it!

Back