MY reefLED LIGHTS ARE GARBAGE! Suggestions?

Brtnpage

I got 2 redsea reefLED 50 fixtures, and let me just say...I have never been more upset, frustrated, and infuriated with any piece of equipment EVER!!!! First of all, what kind of nonsense is making it so that the ONLY way to use it is through WiFi and an app?!?! Nothing should EVER not have the ability to be used manually! Other than preference, it's just plain stupid! WiFi can go out, not be strong enough, or any number of other things, which leave u with either no lighting if u have to just turn it off, or no control over it at all! I can't get over how ridiculous that was to do!!!!!! That could have completely solved every single problem I've had with them! ALL! Mine, with much much much corresponding back and forth with RedSea, are the most unreliable piece of trash ever! At first the new one(I bought a used one and a new one) wouldn't connect to the app, even tho everything was going exactly according to the instructions, and then it eventually DID, but I then had to hard reset the used one to change the settings, but then THAT one stopped appearing(I'm GREATLY abbreviating things, and leaving issues out), even after hard resetting/deleting and starting over. Once I got the WiFi extended they worked for a day, and I was able to set them up, but then they stopped showing up again, no matter what I did, but the lights were running as I wanted, so whatever, but now I need to reset it to "œacclimation" and change other stuff, but now they just plain don't show up on the app at all, even tho I had to buy, and pay monthly for a WiFi extender, JUST for these. Does anyone actually KNOW what's wrong? Lake maybe has already gone through this, as I'm sure plenty of owners of these lights must have gone through problems with them? Red Sea hasn't seemed to know what's wrong, so far...I say "œso far", but I may not bother with them again, I don't really want to fiddle around with the lights, unless I'm sure it's gonna work, cause I'm just so fed up with "œtry this" "œnow Howbout THIS?" "œDoes THIS work?". I'm Kinda asking for suggestions on other lighting, although I may be done with LEDs altogether. I Love the idea of having an LED fixture, but I said I'll give it one more chance, and this was chance/LED fixture #3, and I've never dealt with more trash than LED fixtures In general, but If anyone knows any fixtures that don't cost a ton(as I've now thrown away way over a grand)that are basically perfect, that just plain do NOT have any problems, I'd b very interested in hearing about them.

Back