My scalable battery backup with feed mode

fe342185

Hi all,

Just sharing my battery backup that allows feed mode. It prevents the pump from reverting to the battery backup when the outlet for the pump is turned off on the EB8.

I added a 12v relay that is always energized (house has power) and it only provides completes the circuit to the pump when the house losses power.

With this I can turn off the pump via feed mode and the backup power supply does not kick in.

I tried the icecap and ecotech backup batteries and I feel like they are overpriced and the feed mode ability should be created for those solutions. Otherwise you have multiple devices/controllers that has to be triggered to completely turn the pump off. The off the shelf battery backup are basically sealed batteries with a battery tender and
convenient plugs for pumps. They also seal it to make it difficult to replace the battery which are available on amazon if a replacement is needed. My solution is scalable and I can add multiple batteries to extend the time.

Overall cost of the project was about $110 and the battery I used i used was 18Ah.

Let me know if you have any questions.

f2841e7c78bff8609214772312d6b1ff.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back