my two anglers

Cruella

In Memoriam
I have two new anglers fish. One is a big black one named the grandpoobah and the other clown angler is called gacy. I love these guys. they are both eating well and doing great with each other. i will post pics soon

Yeah pics would be cool...

I remember Tony @ Swampbottom had a pretty good size black angler, that thing was cool watching him feed it whole silversides :D

my best advice is research deases and keep water quality high. there has been an increase of deseases amoung anglers in the hobby. qoute
"Disease is another big problem with these animals. The skin of a frogfish is covered with small "prickly" scales. When disease organisms such as cryptocarion get a foot hold, it is very difficult to treat the disease. Once inside the skin, the disease organism is out of reach of the chemicals that are used for treatment. In this case an ounce of prevention is worth 10 pounds of cure. These animals are also very susceptible to supersaturation of gases in the water -- bubbles may form under the skin causing a number of potential health problems"
site

http://www.waquarium.org/vt/galleries/tank35/vttank35.html

thanks D. I have been doing as much research as I can with them. Its hard to post pics b/c they are hard to locate sometimes. i will try though

Back