My YOUTUBE video of my surge device/wavemaker

Looks good. I would have placed the pump in the display. I'm not an expert on fluid mechanics but it may perform better pushing the water up rather than pulling it. It may fill up faster and give you a quicker cycle time.

Looks good. I would have placed the pump in the display. I'm not an expert on fluid mechanics but it may perform better pushing the water up rather than pulling it. It may fill up faster and give you a quicker cycle time.

I tried it both ways. With the pump I'm using, it didn't seem to work at all trying to push the water up but it work better sucking it up into the bucket.

If the power goes off, the water will siphon out of the pump back into the tank, and the pump will fail to re-start after the outage. This will run that pump dry and burn it up. You NEED to put the pump in the tank to run this surge. Other than that, I like the surge design.

If the power goes off, the water will siphon out of the pump back into the tank, and the pump will fail to re-start after the outage. This will run that pump dry and burn it up. You NEED to put the pump in the tank to run this surge. Other than that, I like the surge design.

Thanks for the idea but like I said it doesn't seem to work with the pump in the display...the pump just doesn't seem to be powerful enough to push the water up the tube, but has no problem sucking up the tube being in the bucket.

Back