Mystery Wrasse being picked on

OliverM3

I Just added a Mystery Wrasse to my tank.
And my Coral Beauty keeps chasing him.
Do you think it will subside?
He better or I'm going to feed him to the cat.
That is if I can catch him.

Did you close your light before introducing him?

If not just close them for a while so that everybody see's where they sleep.

It's strange this is the first fish that has been picked on in my tank.
figures, pick on the expensive fish.

Your coral beauty can chase him for a day or two but everything should be fine after. Just keep an eye on your wrasse so he doesn't jump over.

Do you have a lid or something?

I would definately shut the lights off for the night and let it get used to the tank and inhabitants. They should all go to their sleeping spots and this will give him time to get usd=ed to the tank. Good luck

Hopefully that's what i'll do but just keep an eye on him as I had one before and believe me I don't know where he found a little hole but he did found one.

It's only a preventive measure, but worth the money spent.

Fred

When I added a mystery my flame angel took exception to him. Gave him a chase everytime he saw him and even took a nip of his tail. It slowed down after a day or 2 and after a week no problems.

Sorry to hear that Jeff.
Looks like mine is being left alone today.

though he is hiding under the trap I have setup.
If I can get the coral beauty out I'm going to it's just not worth it.

162483Small_Mystery_Wrasse.jpg

I had a cherub angel and when I added my solar wrasse the angel chased the wrasse and never stopped. I finally took the angel out and wrasse was good.

5 days and he's adjusting fine.
The coral Beauty isn't picking on him anymore.

And he's eating pretty much everything, frozen mysis, flake and to my surprise he's eating the Nori that I have in there for the tang.

Yeah, we added a Mystery Wrasse when we already had a Sixline in the tank, and the Sixline and Pygmy Angel paired up and bullied the Mystery.

We knew that the bullying might subside, but we weren't about to risk such an expensive fish, so we tore the tank down, got the Sixline out (they're fast little buggers!) and now everyone lives in peace. The Pygmy and Mystery have even become friends!

They are beautiful fish for sure, and ours is quite the pig. He ate a Cleaner Shrimp in one sitting! It was quite cannibalistic, but fascinating at the same time... especially when all you could see of the shrimp was its antennae sticking out of the Wrasse's mouth!

Oh I hope he doesn't eat my cleaners. :mad:
I like my 4 skunk cleaner shrimp.
i'm going to have to keep an eye on that.

Ehh... we keep ours well-fed and he still decided to go after the shrimp... however, the shrimp was added after the Wrasse, so that's probably why he went after it.

Every fish has their own personality, but I think yours will be fine.

Back