Nano anemones

ahuaia

Hi everyone! I'll just start out with I want a small nano tank(5gallons) with one anemone one clown and macro algaes I have had my eye on this tall 5 gallon with a built in filter and I really want to get back in the saltwater game. I want a small anemone that doesnt requires high flow and stays small or at the very least grows slow. A small rock anemone seams perfect but its my understanding that they aren't really sold and can be a pest. So other options would be nice since it will be macro algae and not coral I dont have to worry about stings just water quality and light. Something hardy would also be nice since I know water parameters can be a pain in a small tank. My previous experiences is with a 10 gallon reef tank with two baby oculus clowns I had that running for a year before some unavoidable stuff caused a crash (wild fire) . Anyways my mind is free to wonder since I'm stuck at home rn and the salt bug is back.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I mean not that they always stay super small but you can't go wrong with a bubble tip anemone.... If you can get a high end one they look really nice and usually they will split eventually. Meaning you can re sell one and make some of your $ back.

Rock Anemones are cool and all but clowns don't intereact with them at all.

I mean not that they always stay super small but you can't go wrong with a bubble tip anemone.... If you can get a high end one they look really nice and usually they will split eventually. Meaning you can re sell one and make some of your $ back.

Rock Anemones are cool and all but clowns don't intereact with them at all.
Do bubble tips grow particularly slowly? I'm really have truble finding sizes and rates of growth for many anemones. Another one I'm looking at Is Maxi-mini carpet anemones they stay small and look good. I also dont need interaction with the clown and anemone but it would be nice.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

All common anemones except the mini-maxis will quickly outgrow your tank, assuming it doesn't die first. Nanos aren't great places for long term anemone care. BTAs can grow very fast with they're happy, and they get really big.

You could stock mini-maxis, ricordea and zoas and have one awesome tank if you set it up right.

Back