Nano cube 12 gallon deluxe

kgross

Premium Member
I thought I would post some pictures of my 12 gallon tank. This tank has been setup for about 2 years now. The pictures are not great, but here you go.

DSC_0054.JPG

DSC_0056.JPG

DSC_0063.JPG

DSC_0067.JPG

DSC_0066.JPG

DSC_0071.JPG

The stock pump has been upgraded to a maxijet 1200, and there is one little pump, I'm not sure what size or make, but it is really a small one in the tank as well. I think the upgrade to the Maxijet was the best thing I did to the tank.

zoa-riffic! this tank is great. did you say anything about special lights or have you done tons of water changes. very impressive setup.

Completely stock lights and not tons of water changes. I try to change about 1/2 gallon a week, but I do forget about it to often to be honest. I also try to use kalk for some of the replacment water to help with Ca, Alk for the clam and the few SPS corals in the tank.

Basicly it is a very low maintenance tank for me, and I love it that way.

Kim

The thing about light is the closer to the light the more intensity to get. If you notice the acro and clam are both very close to the top of the water. Currently the top of the mantle of the clam is only about 2.5 inches away from the light bulbs. Even though the bulbs are only shoot I can't remember 18 or 24 watts each, it is close enough to get enough light intensity to grow. Same with the acro.

Kim

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14172364#post14172364 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by TammyLiz
How often do you change the bulbs?

I change them about every 12 to 16 months.

I got the tank used, replaced both bulbs around 3 months after I got it, and then I changed both bulbs again about 4 months ago or so. I noticed that my acro was losing color.

Kim

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14159214#post14159214 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by BradsOcean
are those nuclear greens in the bottom-right side?

I don't know to be honest. I have had them for years since before people started naming most corals.

They are a bright green paly.

Kim

Back