Nanocube 12 Pump Upgrade?

Jacob D

We replaced the stock pump with a Minijet 606 in our nanocube 12 DX. I'd like to get some more flow in there without any major mods. We don't have any sps in this tank so don't need a ton of flow, just a little more would be nice.

What could I swap in without having to change anything? The most work I'm willing to do is change the tube that goes from the pump outlet to the nozzle in the tank... yes I'm getting lazy in my old age :)

Any suggestions appreciated.

i have a maxi jet 900 and it is the best flow out of every one i have tried. if this sounds like too much flow at 230 gph, go with the maxi jet 600 at 180 gph

It fit back there w/o having to make any changes? I was thinking that a MJ900 would be about perfect.

Yeah, and the 1200 is more than twice the watts too = less efficient and more heat, but that may not matter or be a problem for everyone.

I'm going to try and scrounge up a MJ900 and see how it works out.

Yea I saw the temp thing as well. I never let the temp go higher then 78. Your zoas are showing signs of heat issues to. See the white dots on the there are lots of things that can cus this but one of the most normal is higher temps. I wounder if your having heat spikes when the lights are on for to long. This is a common problem with the small cubes. Try leaving the front feeding flap open and run a fan over the opening for cooling. You’ll have to top off more but that’s the price you pay with evap cooling. There are some killer led mods you can retro in place of the stock PCs.

Now for the cyano a vary easy mod you can do is replace the stock pump with a maxi jet 1200. You’ll find that 295 gph vs the stock 166 gph. If that dose not fix it I have seen so many md for flow in these things just look around at other post. But for $18.99 you can beat the Maxi jet 1200. Of cores this pump runs a little warmer but the flow increase will also increase the flow to your filter good thing.

I hope Dr. Roy chimes in on this one. I would hate for you to lose your little buddy.

Back