Nanokiper 45 Gallon LPS and Softie Tank

nanokiper

After fairly successful with SPS dominated 45 gallon rimless cube, I decided to set a less demanding tank since I have no longer the time to care for such delicate corals. The tank is actually skimmerless with live rock and chaeto as the main course of filtration sytem. Detritus, accumulated fish waste and food on the 1/2inch deep sandbed in main tank are removed by vacuum during the water change regime. Most of the tank equiptments are DIY'd by myself. I am fascinated with my coral are thriving and seeing my DIY's are working and doing their job.

To start with the overflow, it is made of plastic strainer from my overhead filter.
DSC_4443.jpg

DIY microscope helps me a lot in tank's LS routine check for worms and pest.
DSC_9018.jpg

Trying to get a better combination of aperture, shutter speed and exposure, I got pics below but not as sharp as what I see in the microscope.

DSC_8992.jpg

Finger leather
DSC_8976.jpg

[DIY LED light assembly in action
DSC_8911.jpg

A cuople of FTS
DSC_8905.jpg

DSC_8909.jpg

Thanks for viewing.

Looks great! I remember your tank that was nTOTM a few years back, beautiful tank. It's great to see your still at it with another beautiful system. :)

Out of curiosity, do you have any pics of your cube when it was SPS dominated?

Looks great! I remember your tank that was nTOTM a few years back, beautiful tank. It's great to see your still at it with another beautiful system. :)

Out of curiosity, do you have any pics of your cube when it was SPS dominated?

Thanks for the compliment. Pictures below were taken in September 2010. Most of the frags came from fellow reefers

DSC_4564.jpg

Orange digitata
DSC_4683.jpg

tricolor acro on the top and luminuous green pocillopora
DSC_4689.jpg

Red acropora
DSC_4674.jpg

The orange monti
DSC_4628.jpg

Unfortunately, all of them did not do good when we moved to another house.

Sweet looking tank, lots of color. From the Phils too, do you collect your own livestock or purchase locally? Just curious. I've done some awesome diving around Boracay and 100 Islands.

Not a nano though:
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1582993

Thanks kabayan. Lots of colorful zoas are recently discovered here by one of the local reefers. The first picture below is actually imported specie which costs ten fold than the zoa in the second pic; the local zoa is only about a week resindent of the tank

DSC_8982.jpg

DSC_8986.jpg

I had been in Boracay several times since my home town is just haft an hour drive away. Hope to see you here

yes very nice I think LPS/ softie tanks are often over looks or thought of as starter tanks. I personally love them...and yours if 1st class my friend.
please keep the updates coming.

yes very nice I think LPS/ softie tanks are often over looks or thought of as starter tanks. I personally love them...and yours if 1st class my friend.
please keep the updates coming.

Thanks. Most local reefers are looking for collectible specie...for one...blastomossa, usually found in deeper water.

Zoas update
DSC_9668.jpg

DSC_9676.jpg

Sunflower and metallic orange
DSC_9681.jpg

Scoly, green-orange wih yellow green
DSC_9649.jpg

My fav chalice, dotted pink
DSC_9684.jpg

Yellow toadstoll and blue xenia
DSC_9753.jpg

Copepods (white dot), lot of them in the main tank during light off