Narrow acrylic tank - do I have to go DIY?

blasterman789

I really want a long, narrow acrylic tank to set up on top of a bookshelf. Approx 15-10 gallons. Problem is all the prebuilt custom tanks i see in this size are cubes, and I dont want a freakin cube. A long narrow tank that size would be epic for a garden softie or zoa tank.
So, unless somebody knows of company that makes this size acrylic tank I guess Ill be forced to build it myself. I really dont have the time, but not much choice. Any tips on locating cut acrylic for this job?

Are you 100% set on acrylic? I can understand if you are, however if not look up the Mr. Aqua 12 gal long. It comes in regular and low iron glass. It is roughly 35x8x9". I've seen a couple of them set up, though all as fresh planted tanks, but they are gorgeous. I keep having to fight the urge to buy one. Something to consider!

The mr aqua tanks are my second choice. I actually want something more narrow and less square...like 24 long by 6 wide by 10 tall. Drop my MP10 on one end and be done.

Another reason i want acrylic is euro bracing. I cover my tanks, and euro bracing is easy to cover with a custom sheet of glass and keep it clean. Rimless tanks look sloppy when covered and get nasty salt creep. People clean them before taking those cool pictures.

Here is mine, 48"x8"x8" gathering everything to put it together now.
It 1/4" glass, just picked up a used tank locally on the cheap and built it.

Back