Naso Tang

newreef25

So i just got a naso tang, i have not seen it eat since i have had it, ive tried feeding, pellets, flakes, brine, seweed. Sometimes i see spots on him but they go away. one minute he will just lay on the bottom and occasionally come out. he has plenty of swimming space, cant figure it out. Could he have a disease if so how do i treat it. thanks for the help.

Hattie B

How long have you had it?

Sometimes it takes them a little while to eat prepared foods but he is probably picking at items in the tank, like the rocks.

What kind of spots? Like Ich spots?

part of the lifecycle of ich is that is feeds then falls off the breeds in the tank and can reinfect the fish. That is why with ich one day there is spots then the next day there is not then they reappera again.

newreef25

I have had it for 4 days. and havent seen it eat anything. The spots are white on its side and he just kind sits under a rock in the dark

Hattie B

How big is it?

Could be stress, he could have ich and will need to be treated.

Its not that uncommon for a fish to hide when you get it. it took my unicorn tang about 1 week before I saw it eat anything like flakes. It took her a couple months to eat the seaweed but then all was well.