Nebraska Reef Club Event!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This looks cool...but I'm a little confused...is the Nebraska Reef Club the same as Linoma Reefs? I thought the local site for this club was Linoma Reefs. Am I missing something? I'm trying to build up a spreadsheet the correlates the midwest RC forums to the club names, to the cities they are based out of along with the non-RC website URL...and possibly a contact person for all of them. The two sites for what appear to be the same club is confusing me. Especially since they both seem to cover the Omaha area.

--AJ

This looks cool...but I'm a little confused...is the Nebraska Reef Club the same as Linoma Reefs? I thought the local site for this club was Linoma Reefs. Am I missing something? I'm trying to build up a spreadsheet the correlates the midwest RC forums to the club names, to the cities they are based out of along with the non-RC website URL...and possibly a contact person for all of them. The two sites for what appear to be the same club is confusing me. Especially since they both seem to cover the Omaha area.

--AJ
Part of the confusion is RC hasn't had a chance to add a forum for the Nebraska Reef Club yet, but it has been requested already. Like what elderfo said we are a separate club with our own website. If you want any additional info feel free to pm me or use the contact us link on the web site. :cool:

The Nebraska Marine Society is the main club for Nebraska. They will welcome anyone to join, and have regularly scheduled meetings. The Nebraska Reef Club is a group of former officers who didn't want the membership to voice their opinion.

The Nebraska Marine Society is the main club for Nebraska. They will welcome anyone to join, and have regularly scheduled meetings. The Nebraska Reef Club is a group of former officers who didn't want the membership to voice their opinion.

Yea, right, that's exactly what happened :lolspin: all 20+ people are former officers :lolspin:. All I said was the Nebraska Reef Club is a separate club, no need to start a ****ing match.

There doesn't have to be a "need" so to speak & there doesn't have to be any animosity between the two clubs. NMS can do their thing & NRC can do our thing; to each their own...

Although our membership is private and by invite only, we believe in furthering the hobby through education. We will bring in several national speakers throughout the year and those events will always be offered to the public regardless of club affiliations. We look forward to seeing you all.

The event is being advertised publicly, and is a great opportunity to hear 2 highly respected speakers that have never been in the area before (and one, in Charles, that is probably the smartest guy associated with the hobby). I'm sure it will probably be advertised on the GIRS site at some point as well. Keep in mind this was funded entirely by NRC, for EVERYONE to attend, as I find it unlikely the club will even come close to recouping airfare for the 2 speakers by charging $5 a head.

I feel like these threads have gone this way before....
beating-a-dead-horse.gif

There is a reason why this club is invite only, and you've just depicted exactly why.

I can't believe people will throw a fit when the club is trying to do something positive for all the people of Nebraska as a whole.

HI TANNER! You should go to the speaking event for only $5; I think it would be a tremendous value! You could learn all about cephalopods, and get you out of the house, I really think you could have lots of fun with lots of great people! One of the world-reknowned speakers has a picture of himself with an octopus on his head, maybe there'll be some laughs? It sure looks like he might be a funny guy that could put a smile on your face anyway, maybe not for you though, I don't know. I know you have said you don't see the value in these types of events, but gosh I sure think they are worth more than the cost of membership to the NMS or NRC or my local MARSH even! Do you still live at your parent's house, in Lincoln right? If so, since that's on the East side of Lincoln, your drive still isn't too bad even though you are in Lincoln; I drive further across Houston for just about every MARSH event. I wish we had more speakers, wait, I'm on the BOD here actually... because I step up to the plate for stuff, I almost forgot because I do so much stuff geeze; I'll have to try to get us some speakers... I bet it's going to cost more than $5 though. :spin2:

Please, we have no desire to babysit these squabbles. Take them off of RC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back