Need a new stand and sump

AxiomOfthruth

I picked up a 150 gallon tank about a year ago at a good price. The problems I have had with the tank have mostly been do to the crap pine wood stand and bioball filter it came with. Seeing as I was a bit light on cash I simply modded the bioball and turned it in to a sump. This caused simple maintenance to be rather more difficult then it should be. I'm looking to ether build or buy a new stand and sump for my tank. I don't know which would be the better option, any impute would be great.

If your handy enough and have all the tools already then building a stand and sump would be your best bet. A 40B made into a sump would fit nicely under your 150, and you can get it for $40 right now at pet-smart.

I would love to build them myself. A life time of helping my father with projects around the house has helped me have a good grasp of things but I lack the tools. As for my tank the dimensions are 72x18x28.

Well, ultimately my stand cost me less to build, than buying one, but I didn't account for the added cost of buying a saw, drill, saw horse, vises, ect..... Which ended up costing me what a new stand would have probably cost. I suggest borrowing tools if you can.

My stand looks great for a first time build, but you could tell I was getting antsy with my canopy and rushed through it. It's functional, but I'll probably redo it someday.

Back