Need a Suggestion From Someone w/Carpentry Experience

TexasMike

Hi All,

I just bought a complete system and during the excitement didn't think of testing to see if the sump/refug would fit in the cabinet. The sump measures 12" in width. The support legs in the center measure in at 11 1/4". Would it be possible to remove a little of the excess (on each leg) to have the sump fit without losing integrity of the stand?

P.S. I only have this issue with the center of the stand.

Pics:

Example_1.JPG

Example_2.JPG

Example_3.JPG

TYVM

You could remove 3/8" from that plywood (each side) and not affect anyting. I see no problem with that.

Last edited:
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15462939#post15462939 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by MattShack
You could remove 3/8" from that plywood and not affect anyting. I see no problem with that.

Awesome. Thanks for the quick reply.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15462939#post15462939 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by MattShack
You could remove 3/8" from that plywood (each side) and not affect anyting. I see no problem with that.
+1 matt....no big deal at all....;)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15471764#post15471764 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by MattShack
+1 on seal the edges. I thought about that after I logged off.

Doh! Too late. I already filled the aquarium and sump/fuge up with water and getting the salinity up to par. Everything seems to be going smoothly for now.

I set the aquarium in my home office and let me tell ya. It is pretty intimidating having 110ish gallons behind your head (first SW setup).

Waiting for my toddler to wake up from his nap so we can make a trip to buy more sand and a few other supplies.

Thanks again,

Mike

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15472091#post15472091 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by troylee
You can still brush some on there no biggie...;)

It's pretty snug. Once my first disaster happens (hopefully not) and I have to remove the sump. I will put it on then. For now I'll just hope it doesn't get wet.

You can run a bead of silicone in the gap between the wood and glass and should seal it good enough. You just don't want water getting on the fresh cut wood edges. Silicone will do the trick. Just be sure to do the top real good so water doesn't seep down. Sorry I didn't suggest that in the original reply.

Back