need advice

juliomexico_13

so I am setting up a 75 gallon, i bought the tank and stand. As I was doing the plumbing i realized the tank is sitting on top of the rim, now inside of it (where there is a lip to hold it). So now I have to figure out how to reinforce it, and lets say carpentry is not my strong suit . Can anyone help me? really appreciated.

hopefully it make sense

One pic shows sitting on the tank the other the lip inside where it should sit

Attachments

• WP_20150817_001.jpg
    WP_20150817_001.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 0
  • WP_20150817_002.jpg
    WP_20150817_002.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 0
If you have a rimmed bottom tank like Perfecto, Marineland, Aqueon or Oceanic and the bottom glass is set slightly above the plastic rim then the tank is suppose to sit on the rim and not the glass.
Hope this helps.

I think I know what you mean. If it's a standard pine stand then that trim should be sitting on a 1/4" notch that has been cut into the upright boards. It doesn't seem like enough to support the weight, especially when you look at he 2x5 stands that most people make, but it was designed to and will support the weight. If it's a used stand just make sure that it is still solid, being moved around a bunch of time they sometimes loosen up a bit.

I think I know what you mean. If it's a standard pine stand then that trim should be sitting on a 1/4" notch that has been cut into the upright boards. It doesn't seem like enough to support the weight, especially when you look at he 2x5 stands that most people make, but it was designed to and will support the weight. If it's a used stand just make sure that it is still solid, being moved around a bunch of time they sometimes loosen up a bit.

thats the problem is not sitting in the 1/4 notch it sits on what is suppose to cover the plastic aquarium boarder

Should be if you look the vertical boards should have the full weight of the trim ring on like 2/3s of the top edge with about 1/4" still visable.

Here's the thing. If the tank isn't sitting in the right place, your best bet is going to be to drain it an fix that. There really isn't going to be a good way to retrofit a stand while its holding weight.

I misunderstood about the state of the tank.
Its hard to tell from the pictures how far things are off..., but if the stand isn't the correct size, I'd scrap it and spend the few hours and few dollars to build a RocketEngineer stand. (google search will bring you back to this site for the thread on how to)

Back