need clown advice asap!

Doma25

I used to have a pair of clowns in my biocube and then put them in my 120 with a single other clown. That made three occelaris clowns in one tank. They all would get along for at least 8 months.

I am at college now and my dad has noticed the original pair broke up and the one that was in the 120 and the other ones have been hanging out and somewhat chasing the smaller clown away. Should i be worried? He says it looks like the little one wants to jump out of tank I have 3 options:

1.) keep it in there hope it works out

2.) put little one in refugium but there seems to be a couple large aptasia in there and small area maybe 8 gallons, i can move the rock with the aptasia

3.) put it in my 29 gallon biocube upstairs with one blue damsel and the chocolate chip star, however the blue damsel killed the other 2 blue damsels it used to be with and now is by himself for 5 months.

please give me advice!

Ehh, that's pretty usual with 3 clowns, 2 will usually single out the other.I would sell the lonely clown to someone.

If it's established in the current tank, and the little clown is already stressed, then yeah, probably.

I had a damsel kill everything in my tank, including a 3" Lunare wrasse.I would not put the clown in with the damsel, or anything for that matter.The Fuge would be the last resort.

3's a crowd w/ clown's, I'd put it in sump until someone can take it, or really I would ditch the damsel and keep the clown in there, JMO.

Yep, try taking the damsel back to your lfs, I doubt you would get a credit for it, but at least you could save your Clown and the Damsel wouldn't go to waste.

Back