Need Eheim 1262 Pump help fast

tangman99

I am replacing my Mag 7 with the Eheim. The Mag 7 used tetra 3/4 inch hose to pump water back to the tank. The barb connection on the Eheim is way too small for the 3/4 inch hose. I am pretty sure I'm going to have to throttle it down so I am probably going to use PVC from the pump to a ball valve and then attach the barb to the end for the existing hose. The connector in the Eheim is confusiong. It has a threaded ring that removes but I have no idea what it is for or if it even serves a purpose.

What is the easiest way to connect 3/4 inch PVC to Eheim? The instructions with this pump are awful.

Thanks

Use 3/4" MPT sched 80 (since it is longer than sched 40). Wrap it good with Teflon tape and screw it in. The 1262 will have A LOT more flow than a mag7. A 1260 even has a lot more

PICT2338.jpg

Above is Eheim, sched 80 and sched 40 fittings

Thanks for the fast reply.

Does that work fine without the O-ring (using the teflon tape)? I assume you are saying to replace the piece that comes with it and use fitting you suggest in it's place.

Can you get this piece at HD or Lowes? I know I've seen the white ones.

Also, I know I will have to throttle it back some then. Does that hurt the pump any or make it run hotter?

If you just got the pump, I'd look into swaping it for the 1260. Then you wouldn't have to throttle it :) The 1262 blows away a mag 9.5...

One other thing to keep in mind, I plumbed mine with flexible tubing rather than PVC (except for the part where I have a union). This cut down on vibration noise for me. YMMV...

Jack

You can get the fitting at Lowes. I also agree that the 1262 is a very strong pump. What are you using it for? You would have gained a lot of flow (and lost a lot of noise) going to a 1260. The Eheim fitting is metric, but is VERY close to 3/4" MPT. Its fits slightly loose, so you need the Teflon. I never tried using the O Ring on the MPT fitting but I would think it would work.

I ordered it online and the restocking fee would not make it work it so I'm stuck with it. I'm using it for a return on my 90 gallon reef. I am placing another post on here asking about replumbing my fuge. Take a look at it and tell me what you think.

Back