Need FOWLR Pro's Advice

You should consider a butterfly tank with an alpha angelfish .. those are some decent fish that most wouldn't have the pleasure of owning.. being tied down by having to keep some corals.

I would like an angel and butterflies do look sweet but I am not sure if they are aquarium fit. I will look into those triggers. I am looking for colorful fish that aren't too aggressive. What is the cream of the crop fish out there?

I'm approaching this from the opposite direction. I have my two 125's with the fish listed in my sig plumbed to a 90 gallon tank that feeds into a 100 gallon sump. I have been vodka dosing, and so far my nitrates are down to under 20 with heavy feeding. Last week I introduced some soft corals to the 90. They are doing good so far, if not much deeper in color.

The nitrates are still dropping, and I will add and monitor corals as time goes. You should consider doing the same with your fish. Add them smaller in size, or slowly, and monitor your system and adjust it accordingly.

I can also take the 90 off line to medicate the DT's separately. I will be getting a larger tank soon for the triggers and angels, and I am thinking about keeping all three tanks plumbed together and turning one of the 125's into a reef-with the ability to take the reef offline if necessary.

Take it slow and you should be fine. Good luck.

queen angel is the beatuy of the sea, others include emperor, golden puffer has a great color and personality, although I have to say the australian harlequin tusk is my favorite. They are so docile (as long as another fish can't fit in it's mouth, and extremely smart with character, and who could forget those big blue teeth. Awesome.

barbianj I saw you have a trigger as your avatar. I saw one of them on Live aquaria the other day and thought it was sweet. Is that species one of the more docile triggers?

Thank you for the input all! You guys are really helping me. I will try to answer your questions here.

Fish list. I haven't thought about the fish list yet. I do like a Tusk but I also like snails in my reef. :) I want to pick where my algae grows. :) I want to make sure my setup is proper and then add fish that I can keep in my setup and ones that will get along.

Skimmer- No worries. I will not skimp on this. I had an octopus recirc on my 75G that was rated for up to 180G. :) I will get a monster. I am taking this slow. One step at a time. I am interested in setting up the tank to add water volume but no bioload till I get the skimmer and such.

Now here is my idea on other things I got from your posts.

I think I could get away with this from having my setup the way I do. Also, I am realistic and do not overstock. I go slow and realize when I have maxed out my system capabilities. IMO. :) I do not feed my reef. Every few days when I do. I hope the FOWLR will produce waste that my pods and corals can eat. When you guys mention the waste this will produce I welcome it. I really do. I think I am running too clean of a tank atm. Anyway, thank you so much
for the suggestions and I will surely post a fish list over time as I get a better idea. Tell me what your "dream" fish would be in your tank. I want to know
every fish available to me so I can make a sweet tank.
okay, I gotcha now, you're gonna skim heavy/feed heavy.
From what I've read around here that may bring good color sps.
:)

Back