Need help identify Something!

tduvnola

I am new to this forum and just starting a nano tank. I purchased some live rock and there is something growing on it. Does anyone know what it is? As I am sitting here it is changing. I just saw some stringy stuff coming from the middle of it with a pink dot on the stringy stuff. I hope it is not bad. It is green, pink and brown and glows green in the dark with blue lights on. Any help would be great. Hope I posted the photos properly (1st photo is how it normally looks 2nd photo is what it just changed to. Thanks.

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 0
  • photo2.jpg
    photo2.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Could be a majanos nuisance anemone. I would inject it with lemon juice,vinegar,boiling water, or kaulkwasseur ! Or you can take the rock out and burn it off with a lighter.

Thanks ReeferBill! I will keep an eye on it. I was hoping it wasn't something bad but sounds like it is. Why are the majanos nuisance anemone bad? Like i said I am very new to this and every time I look at the rocks I see something new. I have no fish yet just hermit crab and hitchhikers (starfish snails and worms). Taking it very slow.

Thanks ReeferBill! I will keep an eye on it. I was hoping it wasn't something bad but sounds like it is. Why are the majanos nuisance anemone bad? Like i said I am very new to this and every time I look at the rocks I see something new. I have no fish yet just hermit crab and hitchhikers (starfish snails and worms). Taking it very slow.

I cannot see the pic so cannot verify the majano anemone id. Anyhoo, they are considered a nuisance because they spread like wildfire. If it is a majano, you need to start searching the threads on various removal options and chose the best for you, but do it BEFORE they start to spread.

Back