need help identifying this fish

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12878298#post12878298 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by joeychitwood
It looks like a Dusky Damselfish.

looking at pics it sounds about right, very good guess. Do all damsels have split tails?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12878474#post12878474 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by captin insano
Do all damsels have split tails?
I would say that most don't have split tails.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12878563#post12878563 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by joeychitwood
I would say that most don't have split tails.

Someone had mentioned that some damsels are pretty when young & grow to be the blah, grey color he is.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12878854#post12878854 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by captin insano
Someone had mentioned that some damsels are pretty when young & grow to be the blah, grey color he is.
That is true. In general, except for Green Chromis and various Clownfishes, the Damselfish family tends to consist of aggressive little fish which can cause havoc in a tank. Be cautious about which damsels you choose.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12879249#post12879249 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by joeychitwood
That is true. In general, except for Green Chromis and various Clownfishes, the Damselfish family tends to consist of aggressive little fish which can cause havoc in a tank. Be cautious about which damsels you choose.

I'm considering selling it or trading it in. It's too big & limits my tank capacity of fish. Eats a lot of food. It is fun to watch him though. He is very active. The yellow tang holds his own against him.
Hell, maybe I'll just get another tank. Sounds good to me.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12879874#post12879874 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by ILoveReefer
That looks like a blue velvet damsel I had up to about a year ago. He lost all the blue and white coloring first. Then his black coloring faded a bit to more of washed out black. Heres a link to what mine looked like when he was young. Does the body shape and fins match.

http://www.marinedepotlive.com/ps_V...vet_Damsel___Paraglyphidodon_oxyodon___Small_(Indonesia)_Fish_Damsels_Blue_Velvet_Damsel_Blue_Velvet_Damsel_OS%26vendor%3d.html

The body, fin shape doesn't match, but the more I look at the Damsels the more I'm convinced it is. I'm sure it looked a lot different when it was young. Sounds like they grow out of their beauty.
BTW, how old did yours get?

Back