Need Help..New Tank sprung a leak

reefak

My brand new tank has been up and running for six weeks and started leaking last night. I need help with suggestions on how to repair. I can not find where it is leaking, the water seeps up and over the black frame that is around the bottom, (90 gallon AGA) and under the tank was bone dry. Everything is in Rubbermaid and Brute containers...help.

if u want a permant fix u need to empty the tank and do it dry otherwise salt is a clocking agent and if it it small enough it would stop with time

The tank is empty...I have put a couple of inches of fresh water in and no leaking. I am assuming that there is not enough water pressure to cause the leak at this point. It was leaking at a fairly steady rate (water level dropping 1/8 inch in about 15 minutes). I was lucky that my daughter just happen to be looking at the tank and noticed the leak when it had literally just started, the water hadn't even dripped onto the floor yet. By the time we got everything transferred and drained we had 8 towels soaked with water.

How can I fix it?

I would return it. I can almost guarantee you that there's a small hole in the sealant somewhere, and it's going to be next to impossible to find the source of that leak.

The warranty states that it has to be placed on one of the manufactures to stands to be under warranty. I have it on a diy stand.

Honestly, I would still take it back to your vendor and demand your money back. Akso check your credit card terms. Some cards cover replacement. Finally, if all else fails, I would honestly just suck it up and buy a new tank. Tanks are cheap (relatively speaking). To me, $250 is worth not having to worry that I will have 90 gallons of water on my floor. These leaks are very hard to find/fix. You might pose the question/your problem to the folks at wetwebmedia (crew@wetwebmedia.com), who have a lot of experience with such matters.

Back