Need help on choosing an ro/di system?

aarod8991

If I had to pick between those two, BRS but I wouldn't buy either one. After going through the cheapo units I an not changing from SpectraPure.

I have that exact brs ro unit and I'm happy with it. I also have very clean water to begin with so that might help also

I was just changing filters in my ro unit today, and I pine for the aquaticlife unit with filter access from the top.

So, the brand doesn't really matter, I'm guess? All that matters is the quality of the filters? From the research I have done mostly all ro/di systems are built the same(look the same)just different name brands and different stages. Anyone has any input on that?

I am close to purchasing a BRS unit. They claim to use top quality fittings and filters. Does anyone refute that? Their website with videos and tons of information impresses me, kind of like Crutchfield's website impresses me in the home electronics field.

So, the brand doesn't really matter, I'm guess? All that matters is the quality of the filters?

Yes. Here is my setup. The pic is not up to date, as I have added a T to after the last DI cannsiter drain the water contents of all the cannisters as a last step before I fill the containers -

d51cef9e.jpg

I have a Custom Buckeye Field Supply unit with SpectraPure RO Membrane Filters. The SpectraPure RO membranes brought my TDS another 3 points per RO membrane. That's a combined amount of 6 TDS. Every little bit helps prolong my DI resin.

8StageDualRODualDIWaterFiltrationSy.jpg

I am close to purchasing a BRS unit. They claim to use top quality fittings and filters. Does anyone refute that? Their website with videos and tons of information impresses me, kind of like Crutchfield's website impresses me in the home electronics field.

Tell me about it, I was like this is the one for me lol and the price is not bad at all compared to others. But just wanted to get an opinion on it from anyone who has it or on any other ro/di systems out there.

Yes. Here is my setup. The pic is not up to date, as I have added a T to after the last DI cannsiter drain the water contents of all the cannisters as a last step before I fill the containers -

Yes the brand matters or yes the filter matters or both? And what brand ro/di system is that. Sorry for the dumb questions.

^^^ Plastic housing and containers are the same IMHO. It's the internal filters that really matter.

I have a Custom Buckeye Field Supply unit with SpectraPure RO Membrane Filters. The SpectraPure RO membranes brought my TDS another 3 points per RO membrane. That's a combined amount of 6 TDS. Every little bit helps prolong my DI resin.

damn, how bad is your water?

damn, how bad is your water?

400-460 TDS.... terrible.... Around 490 when it rains....

Plus the city of Corpus Christi was adding and replacing water lines at the time when I built this RO Unit. The work being done on the lines would occasionally make the water become brownish yellow. I had no idea this was happening, so that destroyed my old RO\DI unit. This is what I rebuilt after that whole mess.

Brand doesn't matter at all... they are all the same. What matters are the microns filters thr carbon filters the membrane and the di resin. You can do one of two things...
1) buy the brs unit with more bells and whistles than the spectrapure one and in 6 months change your filters to spectrapure ones. And the same goes for the di resin when that goes up and the same for the membrane in a yr or so.(that's what I did)

Or 2

2) spectrapure all the way from thr start. Its niver when you live in phx and go drive down there and get a tour and a better at store price than internet sales.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

+2

Here is a very good FAQ on RO/DI.
http://www.spectrapure.com/faq_p0.htm
FWIW my SpectraPure Select membrane takes my 220-230 tds water to 0-1 before the DI stage, and that is worth the few dollars more for a membrane. There is nothing wrong with going with one of the lesser brands, but when it is time to replace the membrane, use the SP Select membrane, it will save you money on the most expensive part of a RO/DI setup...the DI. When the other guys say it is a 98% rejection membrane, what they aren't saying is it is up to 98%, with the Select membrane, each one is tested to ensure the rejection rate is never below 98%, not up to but always at least 98%. If you do the math on my incoming TDS and after membrane TDS you will see I am getting much better than 98% and it cost me $45 to get that.

What is before your booster pump? Is that a 2 stage micron filter?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Back