Need help on this decision

RJPII

Hi all - Having little experience with usin a canopy, I'm preparing to buy retro fit kit and could really use some opinions before I do. I see two 108w units available with worhorse ballasts for $200 with new bulbs, although I can't help but think twice about the advantages of a fixture that has fans built into the back like the Sundial 216w for $272 in the link below. I also see the Nova extreme model for $224
http://www.aquarium-supply.biz/48_inch_T5_Fluorescent_Fixtures_s/339.htm

Can I get opinions on what route you would take- retro vs. fixture? My canopy is not drilled for fans, so I also wonder if I can just mount the fans inside to blow on the bulbs at an angle.

Wow...these decisions aint easy! Since I am leaning heavily towards the retro, my main thing to learn if anyone can advise about their preference towards a fixture that can sit inside like this.
Thanks
Bob

if your canopy is not drilled then you would just blow hot air around inside it. you need fresh air in and a way for the hot air to get out. I used 4 pc fans 120mm i think i have a total of 500 something? c.f.m.'s whats the lenght of your tank? I think an ati fixtuer is the way to go if you want to go with one that is?

Back