Need help urgently....please....

ctniners

Hi guys....I am having an issue all of the sudden.....my lights went on and I realized there were lots of microbubbles...so I figure no big deal maybe couple of big bubbles exploded by the pumps.....and of course there is always a certain amount of microbubbles in the display tank.....but after a few minutes I realized they were not going away.....so I looked in the sump where I keep my skimmer and I realized my skimmer is going crazy with bubbles, an incredible amount of bubbles, I removed the skimmer and turned the pump on alone and the pump is sending lots and lots of bubbles....it is almost like the pump is making too many bubbles for the skimmer to handle....again, I did not add anything to the tank, all I did is rearranged about 10 frags....this is not an issue of normal bubbles this is like something happened from one minute to the other....any suggestions.....??....there are so many bubbles being created that you can see like a mist above the output of the skimmer where the sponge is...the water coming out is almost milky white with so many bubbles.

Last edited:
Hard for me to say, but perhaps your pump is cavitating? Maybe you busted off a fin? Have you tried checking your return pump? Is is sucking air? My nano tank will do that (spit out bubbles) if I forget to fill it.

The glue is probably causing it. Happens...

Can you adjust the water level in your skimmer to compensate for a few days?

I used aquastick epoxy by Two Fishes....I pretty much used the whole stick because it is not as good as they advertise it to be......

What kind of skimmer is it? My ASM does that sometimes when I shut the skimmer and pump off for maintenance. All I do is turn the skimmer off again and let it set for 15 min or so, then turn it back on. Problem always goes away.

There y'are. I used just a few small pieces of the Two Little Fishies two-part epoxy to secure a couple of frags. About two minutes later the skimmer took off like Old Faithful, and smelled worse. Any more of that, if my wife is around, and me and my overgrown fish bowl will be living in the garage.

Gene

yeah I think so too...I never knew that would create so many bubbles....usually when they sale aquarium safe products they give you a warning to shut off skimmer or run carbon etc....on top that those epoxys never work....I had to use a whole tube of it because it didnt stick the frag plugs to the rocks.......I guess now I know, I am glad I am done with frags!....another experience I guess.....there is always something new to learn.

Thank you for all your inputs.

My skimmer totally freaked out when I used the two lil fishies epoxy. (posted on RC the epoxy was the general consensus) Drove me mad!! It's better now :) Skimmer is still throwing bubbles though. Bout ready to chuck the thing out window :mad2:

Back