Need help with Damsels

Evster

So I already had a blue/green chromis in my tank, today I just bought 2 yellow damsels. I read somewhere that when they are younger the yellow is more prominent and it fades as they get older. That being said, one is bright yellow, the other is faded with a yellow tail. THAT one seems to be picking on both of the other 2.
Should I stick it out and let them play it out or remove it?
I'm toying with the possibility of setting up another tank, taking it out and throwing it in. BUT, I would have nothing else in it.

Aggression is bad, it can lead to a parasite/disease outbreak.
I would remove both the damsels, the tend to be a picky aggressive fish.
Why not stock the tank with some more desirable fish? not just the common ones.

Impulse buy :(
I was looking for something to school with the chromis.
The fully yellow one does okay with it, but that other one is just being a punk.

They will eventually outright kill each other or stress each other out to the point of death, that is what Damsels do and Chromis (cousins) to a lesser degree. The longer the fish stay in the tank the worst the aggression will become. FYI unless you have a very large tank true schooling behavior is hard to replicate, swimming in a group occasionally does not signify schooling.
I would return the fish if possible rather than stick it in an un-cycled tank.

They will eventually outright kill each other or stress each other out to the point of death, that is what Damsels do and Chromis (cousins) to a lesser degree. The longer the fish stay in the tank the worst the aggression will become. FYI unless you have a very large tank true schooling behavior is hard to replicate, swimming in a group occasionally does not signify schooling.
I would return the fish if possible rather than stick it in an un-cycled tank.

Unfortunately, these ones were purchased from petco (I know, I know..) So they won't take them back. I'd rather not have them kill each other off, so I think i'll at least try that other tank.. worst case, that fish dies I guess..
I'll most likely post it on craigslist or something for trade, maybe even free.

Back