Need help with flow on a 72" 125g

fishgate

I am setting up flow on my 72" 125g new tank. I have dual megaflow overflows and I have plumbed the returns so that each megaflow is using both of the return slots in the top of the megaflow chamber. I have a loc-line 6" return with wide flow nozzle on each (4 total). So that translates to a return on each end and 2 returns in the middle all fed by a single Eheim 1262 (950gph) pump.

In addition to this return setup, I was going to put a Hydor Koralia Evolution on each end of the tank. I think they are the best value for the money. My question is what flow rate for each would you recommend? They come in 600, 850, 1150 and 1500gph.

Hopefully someone has some input I want to buy these this week!

I have a 72" reef tank as well I think it depends on what is going into to it and where u plan on placing things. I have right now 1 koralia 1400 and a maxijet 1200 with upgrade kit to make it 1200 gph. I plan on switching out the maxi for another 1400 and upgrading the sump to a 1300 gph pump and I think ill be ready for just about anything hope this helps

I am setting up flow on my 72" 125g new tank. I have dual megaflow overflows and I have plumbed the returns so that each megaflow is using both of the return slots in the top of the megaflow chamber. I have a loc-line 6" return with wide flow nozzle on each (4 total). So that translates to a return on each end and 2 returns in the middle all fed by a single Eheim 1262 (950gph) pump.

In addition to this return setup, I was going to put a Hydor Koralia Evolution on each end of the tank. I think they are the best value for the money. My question is what flow rate for each would you recommend? They come in 600, 850, 1150 and 1500gph.

Hopefully someone has some input I want to buy these this week!

U may wanna check out wp40.. Look on youtube

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Flow in my 72" tank is a reeflo blowhole 1450 for the return pump, 2 x Hydor koralia 1500's and 1 x Jebo WP-40 powerheads.
The hydors alternate every 15 minutes and the WP-40 is on low right now.

Personally I'd get 2 x Jebo WP-40's for a 72"

I have a 6' 150g and had 2 K1500's on each end creating a vortex. Did ok but recently upgraded to 2-Tunze 6105's and WOW what a difference (so much more flow).
Have read a lot of reviews on the Jebo's and know a few people that actually have them in their tanks and are happy, but still waiting to see about longevity.

I used a pair of karalia magnums 6's for about two yrs with a pulse duo wave timer. I sold them to someone else setting up a 125 and upgraded to 2 tuze 6105's for greter control of flow. Nothing wrong with the mags, great pumps. They don't have the stopper so no clicking and don't run backwards. The middle man in the sale tried them on a 75 and are doing great in a mixed reef.

Flow in my 72" tank is a reeflo blowhole 1450 for the return pump, 2 x Hydor koralia 1500's and 1 x Jebo WP-40 powerheads.
The hydors alternate every 15 minutes and the WP-40 is on low right now.

Personally I'd get 2 x Jebo WP-40's for a 72"

mcgyvr,

Do you think the reeflo blowhole 1450 on a return would be enough flow for a 150( 60x24x24)? Been reading a lot about the wp40's and was thinking of putting one in there too. Or you think I should drill the tank for as close loop and just use a smaller internal pump for a return

How would two 60's do, one on each end as compared to maybe both on one end? We all seem to have dime size high speed 60,0000rpm 1200gph PH's. What about a basket ball sized blade turning 1,000rpm ?

Back