Need help with tank repair


New member
Well, as the title says.
I was given a all-glass 55 gallon tank and it had been used for 10 years. The middle brace split on one side where it connects to the body. I filled it up to leak test it today and it bowed out a little more the 1/4''. It did not leak but im going to re-seal it because the silicone looks like it wont last another day.
So, my problem is i need to find a website where i can order a new top trim piece and what is the best silicone for the job?
Thanks everyone.


Premium Member
Best thing to do on the trim is get it from the tank manufacture. Most manufacturers make tanks just a little different so the trim from one manufacturer might not work on a tank from another manufacturer.