Need help with this algae

juanpivec

Hi,
I need help with this algae that is killing my anthelias. Also, they've killed my actinodiscus.

Information of my reef:
20 Gal
Mg 1350 (Salifert)
Ca 440 (Salifert)
KH 9-10 (Salifert)
NO3 <5 ppm (Seachem)
PO4 0.15 (Hanna)

Light: Radion @ 10% 3.5hours (red channel turned off)

Now using Red Sea Coral Pro Salt since 4 changes (30% change 15-21 days). Before I've used Blue treasure reef salt.

Before I have a problem with Valonias and since May (4 months) I am dosing Vibrant reef cleaner with max dose (twice a week). Valonias desapear completely in 2 months, but apears this algae and It's very dificult to clean manually.

Any recomendation ? Name of the algae ?

I was thinking in doing some blackout day

Continue with Vibrant ?

Doesn't look like Bryopsis to me.. No "fern like" structure..

Is it rooting into the rock?
Does it start from a single clumped area or is each strand its own?

I'd take algae over anthelia coral any day.. :) That stuff will quickly take over that tank and all you will see is pink blah..

You might want to try removing the rock and doing a 50% peroxide/water dip for 5 minutes then just rinse and back into the tank. Often that won't harm the corals at all.. Just oxidize the heck out of the algae..

Doesn't look like Bryopsis to me.. No "fern like" structure..

Is it rooting into the rock?
Does it start from a single clumped area or is each strand its own?

I'd take algae over anthelia coral any day.. :) That stuff will quickly take over that tank and all you will see is pink blah..

You might want to try removing the rock and doing a 50% peroxide/water dip for 5 minutes then just rinse and back into the tank. Often that won't harm the corals at all.. Just oxidize the heck out of the algae..

Thanks for the replies!

Each strand its own and they are tightly attached to the rock so that when I want to remove it with a clamp, the algae is broken first, leaving a piece in the rock

Back