Need Help

bolo7735

I have a few Lyretail Antheis. My male died a few days ago and now female is going thru the same symthoms. The female likes burying themself in the live rock and the body and fins get all scrape up. I do not see ich or notice any parasite. They are not eating and just hangs in the current. I feed them twice a day and water parameters are fine. My other fishes, 2 clowns, 6 line, Yellow Coris, 5 Chromis, Purple Firetail, and a watchman has no effect as the Lyretal. Can anyone help me diagnose this problem?

1260018945.jpg

Kahuna Tuna

The pectoral fin in the pic looks pretty ragged, not a torn fin I think, it looks like a bacterial infection. Looks like she has a skin lesion on top of her head as well. Definately looks like some kind of bacterial infection for sure, do you have a quarantine tank?

bolo7735

The top of the head is from deep scrape on the live rock. I do not have a QT and catching them will not be easy. I try catching the male the night before he died and it was impossible without tearing the tank apart.

jmaneyapanda

Commencing hatred
Neither mechanical "scrapes" nor bacterial infection. That is either velvet or brookynella. Both are deadly and contagious.

bolo7735

How do you treat it? How was this parasite able to enter my tank? I have not brought nothing new for over awhile. Can this happen due to stress like ich?

Last edited: