Need help

cfronczek

Hey all,

Planning on going to Reefapalooza this weekend in search of a nice clownfish pair. My new tank is still cycling and I would need someone to help out with a QT tank or spare space that could store them for a couple weeks while the cycle finishes. I'm located in Largo, but would definitely be willing to drive a bit. PM me if you can help.

Thanks,
Chris

Sorry I already have clowns in all my tanks. I don't think the new guys will get along with the current clowns. All u need is a 10 gal tank with a filter and do water changes often.

I could probably help you out. My tank has been running for some time now, it's pretty stable. The one fish I have in there is also doing quite well.

Why not just buy a pair from an LFS? they will eventually figure out who is male and female and you'll save alot of money. FAOIS usually has an excellent selection of designer clowns and if they dont have it in the store - tell John and he'll pick some up next time he gets some ORA aquaculterd.

Reef'aplooza is probably not going to get you a deal. In fact, I would suspect that everything will be marked up by an additional 20% compared to what things normally go for. Sure - Sunday - you can find some deals - but again - you'll be paying what you'd pay at an LFS.

I agree with Ted. Not sure what kind of clowns you are looking for but Faois had a couple Mccullochi. I think they are bred by ORA. He also had some Allardi Akinynos looking clowns, orange and pink skunks ocellaris and some of the new funky looking ones. You will not likely find better health anywhere. The price will be in line with or better than most.

I was just having this conversation with the ole lady, as far as awesome clowns go, I've honestly yet to visit an LFS that has a selection that compares to faois. Plus, faois is awesome.

It used to be an issue finding nice exotic clowns but they have become common now. I was at A LFS in New port Richey last week and they had at least 8 different groups of exotic clowns and none of them were more then 100$ with most being 60$ to 80$

I have a 10g tank and stand as well as 30g hang on back filter you can borrow. Also have live rock cooking in a seperate system as well as seachem matrix in my sump to help seed everything. You can use it to get you cycled faster or setup a qt. tank. Just need a heater and maybe a light.

Edit: I just realized I can start another tank build, lol, after you return the items if you borrow them of course.

Last edited:
I have a 10g tank and stand as well as 30g hang on back filter you can borrow. Also have live rock cooking in a seperate system as well as seachem matrix in my sump to help seed everything. You can use it to get you cycled faster or setup a qt. tank. Just need a heater and maybe a light.

Wow very nice offer:thumbsup:
One word of caution cfronczek once you see Pedro's tank you will be bitten by the zoa bug and will spend endless hours obsessing over which zoas to get next and where to put them:lol:

You could always order.a pair of Amphiprion Latezonatus from the only breeder in the world. Well the only successful breeder in the world for this species. Supposedly all others have not been able to breed quality specimens.

Wow very nice offer:thumbsup:
One word of caution cfronczek once you see Pedro's tank you will be bitten by the zoa bug and will spend endless hours obsessing over which zoas to get next and where to put them:lol:

Definitely too late on that one. :beer:

Remember anything you buy at reefapalooza will still have an hour or more transport time home on top of the walk around time. I got my pair of super fancy clowns from faios for 60.00 each and absolutely love them.

Faois is the way to go. We also have a few breeders of the exotics locally. One in Venice and cpl in Tampa.

Don't Rush. Nothing good ever comes from rushing in this hobby. I can't think of a clown pair you'll get in Orlando that you can't get anywhere else for the same or less money. Plus its better to get a pair from somewhere that you know they've been treated, properly acclimated and are eating.

And on that note, is why I also say faois is a good choice. A little off topic, I recently bough a naked clown from faois, this wish had been there since I started going there, so it was like the ultimate qt. Point is, I think everyone else is right about this. Faois has an amazing clown selection.

I guess I'll hold off for RAP. Called FAOIS yesterday and they had the black snowflakes I'm looking for. I'll just go to them when tank is ready.

Although now I'm going to Orlando without a plan, which is scarier. Ha.

Back