Need help!

steventaylor702

I was plumbing my tank and everything was good to my friends that was helping bumped me on the gluing the plumbing to the bulk head and to cracked the tank going up to the top it about a 11/2 to 2 in. My question is its in the overflow and I was wondering if I silicone it and let it sit for a couple of days do you think it will work or is the tank scrape
4a5yza7e.jpg
<br/>

shelby28

Silicone the crack. Get two pieses of glass that at least when heald together equal the thickness of that glass and silicone each of them to each side of the tank over the crack. Any chance for a better picture? With out the two pieces of glass on either side you run the risk of that glass cracking more causing the tank to slpit. It would be better if you could get a larger piece of glass over bothe sides. What size is the tank. Looks rimless?

Last edited:

billdogg

I would not trust that to last very long. The only real fix will be to replace the panel or the tank. If you've never replaced a panel you should consider a new tank. Much easier and pretty much foolproof that way

steventaylor702

I gonna do a water test today after the silicone has been sitting for 24 hours and hope it hold I leave it running in the garage for a couple of days if it does

shelby28

How thick is the glass? It really needs something on either side to help support it. With out at least that your just asking for the crack to split more