need help

vitaldefect001

recently i swiched out my old 75g with a RR75 gallon
and today i noticed that some of my acro's are RTN/STN ing....

mostly from the base up and on select branches....

i dont really know the difference between the two...
but the skin looks missing or pealing...

everything is the same, except the placement of the corals...

is there anything i can do...

probably half of my corals are acting differntly...

but looked wonderful the last few nights

everything is were they are suposed to be, conditions wise...

Just moving from one tank to another is stressful never mind anything different. Same depth of the tank? What about flow? More flow, less flow? Did you use the same water or different? Sand bed or not? And did you use that same method in the move. If you have a sandbed and used the same, could stir up excess phosphates and nitrites/ates.

Did you rinse the new tank before adding the water, substrate, livestock, etc? You'd be surprised with what ends up in these tanks at the distributor, retailer, etc. Sometimes the stress of moving and any even remotely new conditions can shock some corals/animals.

Well seems youve kept it the same except for increased flow but that should help. Id say just leave the way you have it and If your corals continue to rtn which is what you have, peeling of the skin off. Then try to frag it way up towards the top where the coral is healthy. Rtn, rapid tissue necrosis. Slow tissue necrosis-stn. Which corals are rtning. Maybe extremely sensative ones???

Always got trouble when switching tank.. SPS does not like new tank much more than any other corals. So you have to wait till they can be better. No way to solve the problem..

yea i cleanned and ran the tank/sump for about 2 days b4 i ened up moving everything (i did this with regular water)... then i draned it, and moved it, and the other tank... i hope everthing works out...

only 1 complete loss so far, and a couple not looking so good

thanks for the help

Last summer I went from the 55 reg to a 90 rr and think I lost at least 5 corals just because. Its not fun. But once they are aclimated to the new environment, they will look so much happier.

if they are (rare corals) i would frag way above the reccesion to save them before loosing the whole coral.just my opinion.

Back