need info on elegance coral!!!

bboy aqua

Im not sure if this is the right section to post this but I need some info on elegance corals cause I might get some later on.

If you are putting it s 10 gallon nano I would suggest you pass for a smaller piece of LPS. Something that you can frag like a hammer or frogspawn would be a better choice. Elegances tend to get huge not to tmentin lately they do not have the best track record with staying alive, seem to be tempermental. What kind of lighting do you have on the tank?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7537275#post7537275 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Bcollins111900
If you are putting it s 10 gallon nano I would suggest you pass for a smaller piece of LPS. Something that you can frag like a hammer or frogspawn would be a better choice. Elegances tend to get huge not to tmentin lately they do not have the best track record with staying alive, seem to be tempermental. What kind of lighting do you have on the tank?

70w 14k MH HQI

Frogspawn, hammer, candycane, short-tentacled plate, all good. You might particularly enjoy the plate: feeding them is a hoot. They're a lot like an anemone, only they're an lps...and must sit on sandy bottom.

Not bubble: they're quite low-light.

Elegance is currently having some difficulty with a brown slime disease that takes them out in captivity. As I understand it, researchers are trying to figure this out, but right now I'd dissuade anyone from getting an elegance. The species is under pressure from a disease, and it's just not a good year to do it.

Back