need overflow help

rljlll

I was told to use a MJ to prime my HOB overflow. Well i hooked up the little piece with the hole for that black tube put the tube in the hole and the other end on my nozzle on the top of the overflow instead of pulling the air bubbles out it pushed water in.
Can someone help?

dude its my old man i got him on this site monthes ago to start getting him ready for a tank and i have never seen him post
[welcome]

Welcome rljjr.

rljlll- The whole idea of the airline to a PH is to keep air bubbles out of the tube, not pull the initial bubbles out. Was the line full of water when you connected it to the pump? Is there a tight fit of the airtube at both ends? Is the powerhead flow strong enough?

Plug in or glue in the airline and then suck the air out of the u-tube and line. When you get a mouth full of dirty tank water, you are good to go. Then connect it to the powerhead. I never had to do this with my old HOB overflow, but I do have an airline for my siphon between my tank and side by side fuge.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8139022#post8139022 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by rljlll
ttt Come on guy no one uses a MJ as a primer pump?

nope not me . I use a 1/4 inch line and shove it to the top of the U tube and then I suck until water comes up to level and starts flowing then I crimp the 1/4 inch line and pull it out .

Sounds like you need to put the venturi kit on and use the venturi line to clear the air from the CPR

Back