Need Recommendations for Aquarium Movers in Westchester County NY

JaysLittleOcean

I have a custom aquarium that will be delivered some time in August. The delivery will be via freight truck and the steel stand and glass aquarium measuring (72 inches in length, 36 inches in depth and 26 inches in height) will be left in the driveway. I need a recommendation for movers or an aquarium service company with insurance and experience in moving large aquariums. It is going up the driveway up 4 steps through the front porch and through the front door (french door) to myu home office located directly left of the front door entrance (another set of french doors). This has by far been the biggest hurdle of getting this aquarium to its new home. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Congratulations 🎊 Very exciting!
Thank you. It's also very nerve racking because I can't seem to find a company to assist with coordinating the date of delivery with me and the manufacturer while also being insured. That is an important factor for me!

Many moons ago, I ordered a 450 gallon (6'x4'x30") acrylic tank that had 1.5" think acrylic. I was setting it up in the basement and like your new tank, it was shipped freight and just dropped in the driveway. I was fortunate that I had a lot of local reefers come to help move it into the basement. But, that was an acrylic tank and I would not dare attempt it with a glass tank.

If you haven't found anyone yet, you might want to try looking up machinery movers or, "riggers." If my memory servers, over the years there have been a few people here on RC that engaged riggers to move large/heavy tanks into their homes.

Last edited:
Many moons ago, I ordered a 450 gallon (6'x4'x30") acrylic tank that had 1.5" think acrylic. I was setting it up in the basement and like your new tank, it was shipped freight and just dropped in the driveway. I was fortunate that I had a lot of local reefers come to help move it into the basement. But, that was an acrylic tank and I would not dare attempt it with a glass tank.

If you haven't found anyone yet, you might want to try looking up machinery movers or, "riggers." If my memory servers, over the years there have been a few people here on RC that engaged riggers to move large/heavy tanks into their homes.
I will definitely look into this. Thank you for the recommendation.

I will definitely look into this. Thank you for the recommendation.
No problem. Best of luck. In my previous job (Machinery & Equipment Appraisals and Auctions), I worked with a lot of riggers. These guys are very methodical and careful. As you can imagine, moving a 200-ton capacity, 15' tall stamping press out of a building and onto a flatbed can be very dangerous. It was amazing to watch them do their thing.

I remember when I had to move my own tank a while back - total stress. But hey, guess what? I stumbled upon this crew called ThreeMovers when I was in a similar bind. These guys were a lifesaver for me! Super careful with handling, had all the right equipment, and made sure my tank arrived without a scratch. I mean, who knew moving a fish tank could be such a breeze? Plus, they're insured, so that gave me peace of mind. They made my move a whole lot easier. Best of luck with the aquarium setup – it's gonna be worth it!

Last edited:
Back