need some diy advice. fixing broken venturi pipe

caliMako

hello reefers,
need your help here. the barb on this pipe broke off (see red circle) and there is no way to attach the air tube without it. the skimmer is discontinued and i am not able to buy a replacement part. the pipe and pump cover are cemented on and I am unable to remove them unless i cut them out. any thoughts on how you would fix this? ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• venturi.jpg
    venturi.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 0
I would tap a thread into the hole and fit a screw-in barb. You should be able to get some form of screw-in barb that would fit and then tap a thread into the hole to suit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Do you still have the nipple? If so get a drill bit the same size and enlarge the hole in order to insert the broken off piece. A bit of superglue will hold it there. If not find an appropriately sized piece of tubing and drill bit.

Thanks guys. I found the nipple and super glued it on. I also reef epoxied around it to ensure the seam is waterproof. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just not metal, which I'm sure you know. A hardware department might be able to fit you you with what you need if you can diagram for them how it works.

Back