need some help with Kalk and phosban reactor...

WienerDog

I have a 90g with a 30g sump. Have a great fuge built into my sump. All of my numbers are good except my phosphates are a bit high. I believe my house is very tight. Iwould like to add a phosban reactor w/ GFO. Is that a good idea? Secondly, I wanna start dosing Kalk. How do I do it. I have a 5g ATO system. Can I mix Kalk and add it to my ATO bucket.
1. How do I dose Kalk?
2. Can I hook a phosban right up to my sump? if so, what size pump?

Can I run GFO and carbon in a AquaClear 110 HOB filter. just remove the sponges and replace with gfo and carbon?

Are your phosphates always high? I would suggest more frequent water changes (not knowing how often you do them). BRS makes an easy to install GFO reactor...

Are your phosphates always high? I would suggest more frequent water changes (not knowing how often you do them). BRS makes an easy to install GFO reactor...

Lookin for one now on the forums. In the meantime gonna run some chemipure in between sump baffles. Any thoughts on Kalk? Or is it necessary?

Kalk is fine to add, but it probably won't help with the phosphate problems. I would use a peristaltic pump, or some pump that delivers a stream of drops. Kalk is very high in pH, so rapid dosing can cause precipitation.

Back