Need some help.

Schplitter

I can't get one smart freaking fish out of my tank. I have tried traps, nets and even tried to fish it out with fishing hooks.

Anyone else have any ideas?

The next thing will be to drain the tank and that would really, really, really suck!!!

Thanks,

BK

How long did you leave the trap in the tank? Sometime you have to leave it in the tank for a couple of days and only feed out of the trap.

How long did you leave the trap in the tank? Sometime you have to leave it in the tank for a couple of days and only feed out of the trap.

+1 It took me 3 days to catch my sail fin but he got tired of watching all the other fish eat and gave up. :)

I think this one figured it out. I have been using the trap for about 10 days now to get the rest of the fish out and for the last four days I have been fishing for this fish alone. No luck at all. He will wait in front of the trap for food to come out but has not gone inside a single time. The fish hooks are not fooling him at all.

Here is my plan:

1. Leave all the rock and coral in place.
2. Drain the tank into two 70 gallon Rubbermaid containers.
3. Hopefully trap the fish with a net.
4. Pump the water back into the tank.

Does anyone have a better plan or can anyone think of any other solution?

I can't believe I'm being outsmarted by a 2" fish!!

BK

Try a big sheet of clear acrylic. I know you have some of that! LOL. Be patient but use it to trap him in a corner of your tank. Then net him out

I tried the sheet of acrylic but no luck. What worked was draining the entire tank and sucking the fish out with the hose when he ended up in the corner. Finally success!

Why did you get rid of one of the coolest fish ever???

I'm keeping him for sure. He has kept my tank free of algae since I got him. Amazing little worker.

I removed all of the fish from the display because I keep having ICH outbreaks every few weeks. I have all of them in QT right now with meds. After 10 weeks of the display being without fish the ICH should be dead and I can add them all back in. From now on I will QT everything I buy. Lesson learned!

Back