Need some identification

Reefer902

Hi All, I am new to the forum, but not new to reef tanks. I have setup a new tank about 3 weeks ago currently going through its cycle. I am using majority base rock which I have made myself but added some small live rock pieces that came from an old coral frag tank. I am adding Fusion 1 and 2 as well as special blend bacteria during the cycle and doing lights on for 2 hours a day. I am also adding some ammonia in the mornings. Currently my ph is at 8.3 Ammonia 0, Nitrites 0 and Nitrates 0.1.

So long story short, here is my question. The frag tank only has some rock and no anemone or coral. I only used the live rock as it has some coralline on it. I however noticed something growing which I do not recognise. and want to stop it if it is a threat, hopefully it is not. Can anyone recognise this and perhaps be so kind as in sharing what this is?

Attachments

• IMG-20160711-WA0007-2.jpg
    IMG-20160711-WA0007-2.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 0
Is it hard or soft? From this last picture it kind of looks like a Vermetid snail.

Thanks for the response. It is hard. I stuck my hand and it is like a solid tiny stick. There is about 8 of them on the 5 rocks. And they really grew quickly. Sorry the pics are not the best but i have a crappy camera on the phone.

Thanks a mill all. From what i see on pics after searching for vermetid snail it seems like this is ehat they are. They seem harmless unless they grow in pumps and skimmers. So whats the verdict? Kill them or leave them? I have never had them before so not sure where they come from. The wateris very heatly and loads of bacteria as i feed it daily during cycle so suppose the added calcium and corbonate alkalinity will promote their growth.

Back