Need some suggestions on catching shrimp

Nanook

Ancient Eskimo Legend
Staff member
RC Mod
Looking to net my three big cleaners and fire shrimps so I can dose some interceptor. Any ideas that work without causing too much pain for a lazy old reefer?

rams

ramtheory
good luck with that, I had to just about take all my rock out to catch mine. Them little buggers swim fast backwards < thats your hint.

sorry

Nanook

Ancient Eskimo Legend
Staff member
RC Mod
He is too old and decrepit:lol: If I do get him down here we are going to mess with trim, or toilets, or something useful:D

Nanook

Ancient Eskimo Legend
Staff member
RC Mod
Well, they can choose to go into a baited trap or die a good death, it is up to them;)

capncapo

Two of your shrimp seem to hang under that certain rock. Put a net on one side and try to scare them back into it.

rbnice1

Dave you got the red bugs?

Where did you get the interceptor from? Good to know there is a knowledgeable vet around...

reefer96

Catch them on sale @ the LFS. :lol:

Really other than a net and patience and fragging everthing in the process i have no suggestions. I couldnt catch mine, so in went the intercepter.:sad1:

I can try and help you catch them wednesday if you want.

good luck

Nanook

Ancient Eskimo Legend
Staff member
RC Mod
Catching them will be more of a pain than not, but I am open for Wednesday night:)

Ocean View

Premium Member
MS has a trap that holds food in the back of the trap with very small holes in it. Fish can't get the food out, but a shrimp can. While I had it in my tank the shrimp went in to pull the food threw the small holes. At the time the shrimp was not what I wanted. But if I decide to go the interceptor route that's how I plan on catching them.