Nem question

Mikefallen13

Hello!
So I currently have two tanks setup each with an anemone, a thriving gig in a 14 gal biocube and a struggling mag in the 40 IM. I have the 40 setup as a softie dominant tank and it's honestly pretty much neglected other than a occasional waterchange. The mag has slowly shrunken form 8" to 3" which I had first assumed was due to illness but now that I've been monitoring it I feel that it's due to a lack of light as it appears otherwise healthy. Now, I was wondering if it would be okay to put the mag into the 14 with the gig to see if I can get it to recover but the big concern is that they will most likely end up right next to each other in front of the powerhead. So would it be bad if they end up touching? I know from past experience it's normally bad if two different corals touch but I wasn't sure if it was the same for anemones.

Thanks!
Mike Fallen

Yes gig and mag cannot touch there are some anemones that can touch but these 2 are a definite no go together in a small space and in my experience gigs need less light than mags I would put a lot of light on the mag but you will have to acclimate him to the bright lighting by having the lighting on for a few hours a day ten increase by an hour every day or two

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, that's what I suspected. Unfortunately I will probably just get rid of the mag as upping the light levels in the current tank is a definite no go. I turned up my LEDs about a week ago and it bleached several of my soft corals, so I'm probably actually going to turn the lights back down. I just wanted to see if it could go in my other tank before I got rid of it. Oh well, I was figuring that would probably be the case.

Too bad I do not live closer. I would definitely be willing to adopt a new mag. New mag without my girlfriend yelling at me for buying a new mag = win win lol.

Back