Neongoby suffering bullying

PietschBR

Yesterday I added a yellow neon goby to my tank. I already have a pair of clowns and a sixline wrasse.
Today Im noticing that the sixline is picking at the goby, but apparently he is not chasing him, he just strike at him when in his sight.. Right now the goby is hiding, went out for food and, got picked and doesn't come out.

What can I do to down the agressivenes of the sixline? Would it pass with time?

This is why most people recommend adding any wrasses at the end as they tend to bully any other fish you add to the tank. you could try using some eggcrate to separate the wrasse to one side of the tank away from the goby or try to take him out for awhile. hope everything works out!

since the goby is eating and doesn't look bad can i wait for a few days to see if the wrasse calms down?
it's gonna be a pain in the.. to catch the bastard. But i can put him in an eggcrate.

Also i was aware of his agressivennes before adding him, but i did it trying to fix a flatworm issue i was having. Now i really like him.

IME, that Sixline will never give up on harassing the Goby. I added a Solaris Wrasse and the poor guy had to hide out because my Sixline went on a search and destroy mission every time he poked his head out of the hole he was hiding in. This went on for about two months until I upgraded tanks and was finally able to get the Sixline out. I will never buy another Sixline.

Good Luck

so i catched the sixline.. had to remove all the rockwork but no problem.
Also i disrupted the rockwork a little so he will be confused about his territory.
Right now he is at an eggcrate.

How long should i leave him there until it's safe?
Also i was thinking of adding another fish now to take advantage of the situation, thinking about a firefish maybe. Sugestions would be very wellcome.

Thanks.

I would return the sixline - something like a firefish will do very poorly if there is anything to harass it.

what if i place the sixline in another tank and add it again as the last fish?
i really love him, it's an awesome fish.

Sixlines are usually peaceful if added last... at least if there isn't a similar wrasse or something. You could try adding it later when it isn't considering the tank it's territory.

It actually worked. I left the sixline in the eggcrate for a week and disrupted the rockwork. When I released him no aggression happened at all. He just ignores the other fishes.

Back