New 125 gallon tank

phishnet

I've always had fresh water fish but now I finally taken the leap. I want to go reef and I want to do it big! I have a bunch of equipment coming from BRS I'm taking it slow and learning as I go.

I'm still in the process of setting it up. I just put the dry rock and sand in yesterday. I used Oatey's Fix-it stick to help keep the rocks in place. The epoxy is not NFS but it does say non-toxic (it has metals but they are non-toxic). I've searched around and I've read that some members have used it with success for holding together rocks as I've done. I hear complaints about using it for frags.

Just wondering if there are any new issues that have come up for using Oatey's Fix-it stick to hold together rocks in a reef tank.

Thanks!

Well it's not much to look at now. I'm filling it with water now. Making rodi is a slow process. Here's a pic of it with just the rocks and sand. I've since filled in the gaps between the rocks to look like one big structure rather than a bunch of small rocks stacked.

Feel free to comment and make suggestions.

Enjoy!

20110928_rocks_sand.jpg

Thanks. I ordered 200lbs. I estimate about 120-130lbs. in there now. I will be adding some more to the sump/refugium. What ever is left will go into a future fowlr tank

Back