new 6095 motor block

drdavethedude

Premium Member
Tunze6095.jpg

Hello,

So my 6095 stopped working after several years, and I believe it's the motor block. So I ordered a new motor block, but I didn't know the pump has significantly changed from what I had.

I attached the old grating, impeller and attachment apparatus, but what to do with the loose exposed end of the cord as shown?
What else do I need to order?...is the transformer box from my old one usable, or no?

Also, I have another old 6095 still working (I had 2), and the they were connected to the 7092 controller...is the new one compatible in the sense can
it also connect to the 7092, as I noticed the new pumps when ordered complete, have their own controller box.

Thanks

What you show is part 6095.110, this requires the 7090.500 controller which connects to the white plug. For upgrading an older pump, 6095.100 includes this controller and for now is available at a greatly discounted price to accomodate such upgrades.

What you show is part 6095.110, this requires the 7090.500 controller which connects to the white plug.

Does the controller include the electrical cord with transformer box,or can I use the one I have from the old 6095?

For upgrading an older pump, 6095.100 includes this controller and for now is available at a greatly discounted price to accomodate such upgrades.
I notice this is the whole motor block and controller...so basically only the front housing and impeller from my old pump will be used, correct? Again, does this include the cord, or can I use the one I have?

Thanks

This is what you need, no cord built in-

https://www.tunze.com/US/en/details/7090.500-turbelleR-controller-provided.html

The pump plugs in inside and the power supply you have plugs in next to it. 7090.000 is the same thing modified to connect to an older pump like you had.

Hi Roger, that link leads to a blank page for me, but I googled the serial number and found the part, thank you.
I want to make sure I order everything I need, so need to ask....what's the difference between 7092.300 and 7090.300 cables. Which will allow these pumps to work together, and will my old controller 7092 be at that point useless?

Thanks

The 7090.500 does the same functions as the 7092. If you have 2 modern style pumps with 7090.500 the 7092 will not be used and you will network them with 7092.300 for 2 pumps only or 7090.300 for 2 pumps and photocell 7097.500 or 3 pumps. If you however have one new pump and one old pump, based on what you have the most feasible control will be to set the 7090.500 to external mode and use the 7092 connected to both, the other option is to get a 7090.000 for the old pump but any pump without a 7090.500 is at least 5 years old and this may not be the best investment.

Sorry, one last question to make sure I understand. If I have one of the newer 6095s with it's own control box, and one of the older ones that doesn't have a control box, and I link them with the 7092.300, then I don't need to update my older pump with 7090.00, correct? They will both work off the one control box, yes?

Sorry, one last question to make sure I understand. If I have one of the newer 6095s with it's own control box, and one of the older ones that doesn't have a control box, and I link them with the 7092.300, then I don't need to update my older pump with 7090.00, correct? They will both work off the one control box, yes?

I re-read your last post and I think you answered this, I should read more carefully...

I tried setting the controller to external mode in the past, and again just now, but it starts to turn on and off every couple seconds, while the older pump seems to run normally just ramping up and down slightly without stoppage which is what I want...why is that/what adjustment do I need to make to the newer pump controller?

Their is a calibration when an old controller is used on a new pump, older systems were 0-8V and new is 0-6.5V. As a result the controller speed is wrong so speeds below 50% are interpreted as below 20% by the new pump and result in off. This calibration is generally for 7095 and 7096 but should also work for 7092.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaFUu7KW8qE

Back