New 72G 1 Week Old *pics*

swisha

I just thought i'd share some of my new photos from my 1 week old 72G that is almost finished cycling!. I would appreciate any advice on aquascaping or any other comments that would be helpful.

100_0927.jpg

Left Side

100_0928.jpg

Middle

100_0929.jpg

Right Side

100_0930.jpg

Can someone ID these? They came with the rock

100_0937.jpg

100_0938.jpg

coralline starting already!

100_0944.jpg

mr pink floyd

nice so far, but i would suggest to build the rockwork up higher, so more light for corals, not sure how deep they are, i personally like rock work in towers, not a wall, 2x250 should be great lighting for this, but the higher the better in most cases, it all depends on what you want to keep

but good luck

swisha

Yeah i was planning on building it higher...i just haven't been to the LFS yet to see what they have to offer so i could do that. I plan on keeping a mixed reef so i would definately need more rock, but it's only been a week so by the time i'm finished the aquascaping will be right.

swisha

Can someone ID the red branching objects in the 3rd and 4th picture? I've been looking for a id online but have yet to find one. I just want to know what they are and if i should keep them in the tank or remove them

swisha

Thank you all for your comments. It is because of the experienced hobbyist's on this forum that i was able to get this started. Through your experiences and posts i have learned alot and I am just scratching the surface!

TKByrnes

I have always liked the tower island's. but I really like the sloped look. maybe try a sloped reef on one side and an island/tower on the other.